Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

Eglise Sainte-Trinité de Coulon

Place de l'Eglise
79510 Coulon
Phone : +33 5 49 24 18 79
The priory church was founded in 830 by the abbey of Charroux and then attached to the abbey of Nieul-sur-l'Autize and placed under the patronage of the Saint-Sauveur. Often pillaged by the Normans, it was rebuilt in the XIth century and received the patronage of Sainte-Trinité at the end of the XIIth century.
The monument was partly rebuilt during the 15th century and then burnt by the Huguenots in 1569. The bell tower was rebuilt in 1671. The building was changed in the XIXth century and then added to the complementary list of historical monuments.

To see : a false outside pulpit and a funeral liter from the XV111th century which is there because of the lord of Coulon, Gabriel Simon de Montbrun.
  • Eglise Sainte-Trinité de Coulon 1 - Coulon Darri, 2009
  • Eglise Sainte-Trinité de Coulon 1 - Coulon
Check the terms and conditions and privacy policy
Eglise Sainte-Trinité de Coulon
Address :
Place de l'Eglise
79510 Coulon
Phone :
+33 5 49 24 18 79
  • Français
  • English
  • Nederlands
  • Deutsch
  • Español