Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon)

79210 Prin-Deyrançon
Phone : +33 5 49 26 31 65
The toponym Deyrançon, from the Latin Dei (God) and the preatin Ransom (rock), means the rock of God. Connected to the south of the village by a bridge, Notre-Dame de Dey, isolated in the plain, is surrounded by its cemetery and fortified enclosure and the arches towers certainly because of its former vocation of Jacquaire stage located between Poitou and Aunis. The latter is renovated by a team of young Europeans according to the plans of the imperial matrix of 1811. Burned several times, the Romanesque church is rebuilt in pieces. Its western façade from the 17th century is pierced by a door with a pointed hanger, flanked by two pilasters, surmounted by a polylobed oculus and framed by a modest buttress on the left and a buttress higher on the right supporting a small square bell tower.

To see in the park: remains of a village (town hall, school and farm).
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon) 1 - Prin-Deyrançon OTNMP
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon) 2 - Prin-Deyrançon OTNMP
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon) 3 - Prin-Deyrançon OTNMP
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon) 4 - Prin-Deyrançon OTNMP
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon) 1 - Prin-Deyrançon
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon) 2 - Prin-Deyrançon
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon) 3 - Prin-Deyrançon
  • Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon) 4 - Prin-Deyrançon
Check the terms and conditions and privacy policy
Eglise Notre-Dame de Dey (Prin-Deyrançon)
Address :
79210 Prin-Deyrançon
Phone :
+33 5 49 26 31 65
  • Français
  • English
  • Nederlands
  • Deutsch
  • Español