Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

Eglise Saint-Vincent de Sansais

Grande Rue
79270 Sansais
Phone : +33 5 49 24 18 79
The first church is built near the old castle, from the end of the 11th century to the second half of the 12th century on the site of a Merovingian sanctuary, itself resting on the remains of a Gallo-Roman temple (discovery of four female heads in round hump whose faces are drowned in the romanesque walls as if to make forget the memory of a monument dedicated to pagan deities. Faces visible today in the masonry of the sacristy).
It was set on fire during the Hundred Years' Wars (English coins were discovered in its ruins in the 19th century), and then Religion. In 1879, it was demolished (discovered in the choir of bones of the parish priest Jean Guyotière buried in 1672). Rebuilt by Niortais architect Bergeron, it was given to worship in 1880.
  • Eglise Saint-Vincent de Sansais 1 - Sansais Darri, 2009
  • Eglise Saint-Vincent de Sansais 1 - Sansais
Opening times :
  • All year round 2020
  • All year round 2021
Capacities :
Check the terms and conditions and privacy policy
Eglise Saint-Vincent de Sansais
Address :
Grande Rue
79270 Sansais
Phone :
+33 5 49 24 18 79
  • Français
  • English
  • Nederlands
  • Deutsch
  • Español