Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

LE BOURDET et son Sentier de la Maraîchine

79210 Le Bourdet
Phone : +33 5 49 24 18 79
The parish depended until the Revolution on the generality of La Rochelle, the election of St-Jean-d'Angély and the seigneury of Frontenay. In 1419, Jean de Rochechouart received in division the fief of Bourdet which returned in 1496 to Aimery Acarie. In 1647, Catherine Acarie was married to Charles de Cugnac. Louis-Philippe de Cugnac emigrated in 1791. The majority of his property was sold, except for the castle and some land he recovered, and died in Surimeau in 1809. His estate was then fragmented and bought. Seven mills were in full swing at Bourdet at the beginning of the 19th century. In 1856, the town had 643 Bourdetais compared to 322 in 1982 because of the disappearance of farms. Lined up along a main street and crossed by two biefs and the Courance, the village continues today this peasant tradition.

To see: Sentier de la Maraîchine, église St-Jacques, marais des Bourrées.
  • LE BOURDET et son Sentier de la Maraîchine 1 - Le Bourdet Darri, 2009
  • LE BOURDET et son Sentier de la Maraîchine 2 - Le Bourdet Darri, 2009
  • LE BOURDET et son Sentier de la Maraîchine 3 - Le Bourdet Darri, 2009
  • LE BOURDET et son Sentier de la Maraîchine 1 - Le Bourdet
  • LE BOURDET et son Sentier de la Maraîchine 2 - Le Bourdet
  • LE BOURDET et son Sentier de la Maraîchine 3 - Le Bourdet
Opening times :
  • All year round 2020
Capacities :
Check the terms and conditions and privacy policy
LE BOURDET et son Sentier de la Maraîchine
Address :
79210 Le Bourdet
Phone :
+33 5 49 24 18 79
  • Français
  • English
  • Nederlands
  • Deutsch
  • Español